The last WB Primary TET was conducted in 2017 (held on 31st January 2021), and recently, the WB TET committee has declared another notification regarding WB Primary TET 2022.
What is the TET exam?
TET or Teachers Eligibility Test is a Government exam which is conducted by NCTE (National Council for Teachers Association) to shortlist the candidates as teachers in Government schools in India. For further information, let me share three more kinds of exams:
- TGT for Trained Graduate Teachers for class VI to X
- PGT for Post Graduate Teachers for XI and XII.
- CTET for Central Teachers Eligibility Test for all over India
- WB PTET for West Bengal Primary TET Examination
As per WB Primary Board notification, the exam will conduct in December 2022. The exact date has not been clarified yet. Candidates are requested to follow the official website of WB TET.
Essential criteria to appear in Primary TET 2022
Candidates who have been dealing with the WB Primary and Upper Primary TET exams for the last few years should know that the rules and regulations have been changed drastically. So, if you are an old aspirant or new, you should know the essential criteria to appear in TET exam. Here is a small idea about the crucial criteria:
There are two papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Candidates who want to teach I-V, they can appear in the Paper 1 exam (Primary TET Exam). Paper 2 exam is for Upper primary teachers. To know more details about TET, please visit the official website of WB TET.
There will be 150 questions from various subjects, and candidates have to attempt those within 150 minutes—no negative marking in this exam. To get success, the candidate must follow the eligibility and syllabus of the exam.
Candidates must secure the minimum marks that are 50% in Higher Secondary (or its equivalent 10+2) or its equivalent exam. Candidates must have complete their D.El.Ed degree that is a 2-year diploma in Elementary Education. It is the first criteria to appear in paper 1.
The criteria of paper 2 are candidates must secure 50% marks in Higher Secondary or its equivalent exam and must compete their four years B.El.Ed degree from any recognized Teachers’ training university.
The next criteria are the minimum 50% marks or higher in Higher Secondary or its equivalent exam. They must have a Diploma degree in Education by any reputed Rehabilitation Council in India (RCI).
Last but not least, the willing candidate must finish their graduation degree and complete at least the two-year course their Diploma degree in Elementary Education.
According to the rules and regulations, SC/ST candidates will get five years and three years of age relaxation.
As per Government laws, SC/ST/OBC candidates will get 5% of marks relaxation in Higher Secondary or its equivalent examination 10+2. That means 45% marks will be counted for SC/ST/OBC A/ OBC-B/ PH (Physically challenged)/ ex-serviceman.
As discussed earlier, we have defined the WB TET Exam Pattern for both Primary and Upper Primary Courses. The Primary TET exam covers 150 Objective Type Questions (MCQs), and the exam will be conducted for 150 marks. For every answer, one mark will be allotted, and there is no negative marking. Students who are not aware of negative marking, then, let me share with you, negative marking is to deduct some sort of number to attend the wrong answer as well as not attempting questions.
There are five subjects in the Primary TET exam pattern, and those are:
- Child development and pedagogy (CDP)
- Environmental Studies (EVS)
- Mathematics (Math)
- Language 1 (Can be chosen by student English/Bengali/others)
- Language II (alternative option English/Bengali/Others)
How to start your preparation without confusion
Candidates usually get confused while preparing themselves for this kind of popular exam. Primary TET preparation can be easy for you if you follow some necessary steps.
- If you are a fresher and don’t know anything about this examination, then, I am sure after reading this article you have already got a brief idea. Go through the syllabus thoroughly. Take some time to note down all the subjects which are mentioned in detail. Don’t miss any tiny news from the syllabus portion.
- To get a more accurate idea, candidates must observe the previous paper question paper. The previous year’s question paper will give you a great idea about questions.
- After researching the previous year’s question paper, you will get some idea about your weakest and most vital point.
- Maybe, English is your weakest point then, you have to keep it on your mind and start from English preparation from scratch.
- You have to attend to maximum questions. Don’t think about cut-off. Cut-off marks won’t help you! You can check it but don’t follow it.
- At first, get along with the syllabus, and when 3 or 4 chapters are done, start your Primary TET online mock test for the preparation.
- Candidates usually make a significant mistake by waiting for finishing the whole syllabus and then do their mock test preparation.
- Evaluation is the most important factor when you are preparing for popular exams like WB TET.
- There are lots of expensive mock tests available online. When a candidate is a fresher, they buy some online mock tests with a whopping amount, but that is a waste of time.
- Aspirants have to go through the textbooks first. Low-cost good books are readily available in any online site. Candidates can choose it by their ratings.
- Texts book deals with exercises and previous question papers. Candidates can get the idea of WB TET exam preparation.
- Aspirants must buy a book of previous years’ question Bank that is also easily purchasable from any online store.
- So, overall, a willing aspirant needs a low-cost preparation kit. Let’s summarizer it – basic books on WB TET, a previous year question Bank that is easily available online, and a mock test preparation series.
- As mentioned earlier, there are many costly mock tests available online, but if you search for free online mock tests for Primary TET, you will get free mock test papers on almost every online test site.
- Candidates should mark their mistakes every time they appear in the mock test so that they won’t repeat those mistakes.
I hope this article provides you a brief idea of the WB TET online preparation series. You may follow these rules and get success quickly in the TET exam.